Organophosphate poisoning claims


To find out if you are eligible to make a No Win No Fee* claim, fill in our quick claim form now for a free, no obligation consultation.

Learn more about making a No Win No Fee* claim.


Commonly found in pesticides around the world, organophosphate compounds are synthetically created with chemicals and can be very harmful.

If they are used correctly and with the right training and protective clothing, then they are safe to handle and shouldn’t cause any ill effects. However, all employer’s have a responsibility to make sure their employees are provided with all the correct training and equipment when handling potentially dangerous chemicals.

If your employer has neglected to do this and you are diagnosed with organophosphate poisoning then you could be entitled to make a claim for compensation.

No Win, No Fee*

Get in touch...

0151 225 0197

Who is at risk of organophosphate poisoning?

Those most at risk of organophosphate poisoning tens to work in the agricultural industry, particularly those that handle and harvest crops or use sheep dips. People who live close to such environments are also at risk of exposure.

How do you get organophosphate poisoning?

Organophosphate poisoning can occur when the harmful chemicals are either inhaled or ingested.

You can also suffer from organophosphate poisoning via contact with the skin. If this happens then you should remove all clothing that has come into contact with the chemicals and thoroughly wash your skin as soon as possible.

However you are exposed to organophosphates, you should see medical assistance immediately.

Organophosphate poisoning symptoms

The symptoms of organophosphate poisoning can vary depending on the individual and how they were exposed.

Generally, symptoms will become apparent within 24 hours of exposure. After mild levels of exposure to organophosphates the individual will show signs of tiredness, irritability, depression and occasionally some form of insomnia and memory loss.

Moderate symptoms of organophosphate poisoning include headaches, restlessness, anxiety, nausea and stomach cramps. This can then progress to vomiting, sweating, blurred or disturbed vision, tremors, twitching, muscle weakness and it can even cause paralysis.

Severe symptoms can includes severe tightness of the chest and coughing, which is the result of fluid build-up in the lungs (known as pulmonary oedema). This makes it difficult for the individual to breathe and can develop into respiratory failure. In very serious cases it can induce a coma and even prove to be fatal.

The clear signs that an individual is suffering from some form of organophosphate poisoning are that they appear to be confused and disorientated, displaying behaviour that is out of character. If you notice these symptoms in someone you know has been working around pesticides then you should seek medical help immediately.

Organophosphate poisoning treatment

In order to diagnose organophosphate poisoning, urine and blood tests will be taken and analysed. When the diagnosis is confirmed then the treatment will involve methods to remove, or flush out, the poison from the system while treating the symptoms present in the patient.

Make an organophosphate poisoning claim

If you believe you, or someone you know, has suffered organophosphate poisoning due to the negligence of another, then you could be entitled to make a claim for compensation.

The first thing to do is to make a note of all the information you think is relevant to the claim – dates, times etc… and keep receipts of any expense you may have incurred while undergoing treatment – travelling costs, prescriptions etc…

Here at CL Legal our industrial disease team are happy to provide more information on how we can help you make a claim for compensation.

No Win No Fee*

We work on a No Win No Fee* basis, so if you're claim is not successful you don't pay anything.

Find out if you are eligible to make a claim for compensation below...